Zero tolerance policy
We care deeply for all animals and are passionate about what we do. We aim to treat all clients and visitors to the practice, with courtesy and respect and we expect our clients to treat our staff the same. Our staff come to work to provide expert care and do their job with love and without fear, intimidation or any other unacceptable behaviour. We do not tolerate any of the following abusive or violent behaviour against any of our staff-
- Using violent, threatening, abusive language or physical action towards our staff, other clients or animals in our care.
- Verbal abuse in any form whether in person or over the phone.
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress, intimidation. We endeavour to respond to requests as soon as possible or will provide an explanation when requests cannot be met.
- Making malicious or false allegations about our staff or other clients whether on line or in person.
- Making sexual, racial or other discriminatory remarks.
- Theft or fraud including obtaining or attempting to obtain veterinary medicines fraudulently.
In the event of unacceptable behaviour –
- The person will be asked to stop and if necessary asked to leave the premises. A written warning will be issued and kept on clients file.
- If the behaviour persists, we will terminate our client/practice relationship and withdrawal our vet services with a 7 day warning. A written notice of termination will be sent and also stored on clients file.
Incidents of threatening, abusive or violent behaviour will be reported to the police and termination of our services will be immediate-
- Threat to personal safety of our staff, other clients or animals
- Unacceptable and wilful discrimination.
We hope you can understand and welcome this policy which is written with the best interests of our staff, clients , visitors and animals for which we care for. April 2023